How to make a release¶
Be sure that the
__version__variable is up-to-date.
When a major fix or feature is committed, the changelog must be updated.
When a new release is planned
The date of the release has to be added.
How to release
- Commit the above changes.
- Add an annotated tag like year.month.day; e.g.:
git tag -a 2020.09.25(the commit message is not important).
python3 setup.py sdist
python3 setup.py bdist_wheel
git push --tags
- Don’t forget to push both sources and tags to both the GitHub and Bitbucket repositories (they are kept in sync).
- Upload to pypi:
twine upload dist/IMDbPY-*(you probably need a recent version of twine and the appropriate ~/.pypi file)
- The new tar.gz must also be uploaded to https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdbpy/ (along with a new “news”).
- Create a new release on GitHub, including the changelog and the whl and tar.gz files. https://github.com/alberanid/imdbpy/releases/new
- update the content/news section of https://github.com/imdbpy/website
- add a news on https://sourceforge.net/p/imdbpy/news/new
- send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
After the release
Add a new section for the next release, on top.
After that, you can commit the above changes with a message like “version bump”